Afghan Peace Volunteers
TYPE OF WOUNDED PLACE
TYPE OF STORY
Story & Experience
As usual, young members of the Afghan Peace Volunteers worked together in their permaculture garden in Kabul.
The mission of the Afghan Peace Volunteers is as follows:
We believe that revolution for a better world is grounded in nonviolent relationships, so we reject hatred and revenge, and we nurture equal relationships with nature & all human beings through local communities that connect with the human family worldwide, working together as a strong 99% to build a green, equal and nonviolent world without war.
1. Green : Eliminate the human causes of global warming
2. Equal : Build a nonviolent, cooperative economy where the basic needs of all are met ( especially of the most vulnerable people )
3. Nonviolent world without war: Abolish war and weapons, nurturing a non-violent, critical pedagogy.
The value we seek to practice: nonviolence ( love )
This is the first Centre in Afghanistan that is dedicated to nonviolence.
The Afghan Peace Volunteers seek to practice nonviolence in all aspects of life and community, including:
- Non-violence towards the earth and environment : to address global warming
- Non-violent economy: to build a sharing economy that meets the basic needs of all human beings
- Non-violent ways of conflict resolution: to abolish war and weapons and practice restorative justice
- Non-violent self and relationships with the earth and all human beings: to build relationships of equality across the borders of class, race, gender, language, religion, nations and other)
- Non-violent education and awareness: to nurture humane, pacifist persons who are engaged with serving humanity and building a better world
Although I like to think that taking my Climate Change Communication class is a rewarding journey, I know that can also be emotionally taxing. We spend the entire semester talking about climate change, obviously, so [...]