- 1. Government officials who work in wilderness areas probably love those places as much as those of us who seek out wilderness for its contemplative or spiritual nourishment.
- 2. When we work with these agencies not with an attitude of disdain but one of cooperation, it tends to be reciprocated.
- 3. Firefighters working in wilderness areas are not focused simply on protecting a piece of property, they are also dedicated to the animals and birds who live there…
- 4. and to other people who love those places and take care of them in their own way.
- Forest Fire Design: Vector Stock
MORE RADICAL JOY REVEALED
Ernest Lowe, poet, gardener, activist, and member of our Radical Joy for Hard Times community, who lives in Wisconsin, wrote this beautiful reflection on our Facebook page last July. It seems particularly apt at this [...]
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Radical Joy Revealed is a weekly message of inspiration about finding and making beauty in wounded places.