- The more we consciously choose to face a wounded forest or river, the more skilled we become to dealing forthrightly with other challenges in our lives.
- The effort alone to find beauty in a place that’s been damaged doses us with a powerful medicine: the realization that we can find beauty in all kinds of difficult and painful circumstances.
- Working with other people to make something as simple, lovely, and occasionally goofy as a bird composed of twigs, stones, flowers, or trash teaches us that creativity is bigger, easier, more delightful, more restorative, and more universal than we ever dreamed.
- Making a gift of beauty for a hurt place on the Earth, we come to understand that we are gifted ourselves in the ability to make beauty in all kinds of other hurting places, both inner and outer.
- Strickland Erie, CO Umbrella & Gas: Christi Strickland
MORE RADICAL JOY REVEALED
Ernest Lowe, poet, gardener, activist, and member of our Radical Joy for Hard Times community, who lives in Wisconsin, wrote this beautiful reflection on our Facebook page last July. It seems particularly apt at this [...]
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Radical Joy Revealed is a weekly message of inspiration about finding and making beauty in wounded places.